Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday thoughts

I love worship. Just listening to the music, letting the words wash over me, basking in his presence. Worship is precious to me. It's a time when it is just me and God. It's when I really feel him speaking to me.  I love our time together.

Sitting here on the couch, worship music playing, puppy sleeping at my side, it's only Sweet Pea and I in the house. I have time to reflect on what Gods been speaking to me.  2013 has been a year full of Gods calling and persuing me. I feel like the theme of my life is obedience. God calling me to obedience. When I have been faithful and obedient, I have received so much blessing. Not that God doesn't love us anyway when we haven't been obedient but I have just found that when I abide in him and trust in him, he does something totally unexpected.   Obedience is so hard isn't it?  Even though I know that I want to obey, I still find myself arguing with God when he asks me to do something I don't feel like I am ready to do. God's voice is constantly saying, "trust Me"  Trust is such a hard thing. It is so hard to just let go and let someone take care of you.   Trusting someone you can't physically see?  Even harder. But trust is the best thing I can do. God is constantly showing me that he is in control and he knows me better than I could ever know myself. For that I and thankful. 

Grateful #9 my Father in heaven who loves me. 

Psalm 56:3-4 NLT
[3] But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. [4] I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spam I have to moderate my comments. Please leave a comment anyway and I will probably approve you as soon as I see it.. unless you are spamming me ;)