Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Boy has earned his stripe!!!

I'm one proud mom tonight!  My boy T had his Karate stripe testing tonight.  I was so nervous for him because well for one, we forgot to practice his kata with him and two well I just wanted him to do well.  I think he was a bit nervous as well but he promised to do his best and ran off to get into line.  I really wish that I had taken my camera but I forgot.  bah!  I settled down on the floor with my book but found I couldn't keep my eyes off T.

First they started with their low block.  T did excellent! Then with kicks and advancements and blocks and more kicks and then the Kata.  I knew that the Kata would be his weak point.  In previous classes, he got confused on a couple of the moves and hasn't quite got them memorized.  He surprised me.  He did an amazing job.  He was so focused.  He did stumble in the parts that I knew that he would but he did a really good job recovering himself.

Then it came time for everyone to sit and wait for the Sensei to call them up to the front.  T was in the back row so it was going to take a bit to get to him.  As the Sensei called each name I started to get excited because he seemed to be calling every one up.  I thought T would for sure get one.  Then he skipped over a couple kids and I started to get worried.  My anxiety increased as it got closer and closer to T's turn... and then it happened.  Sensei called his name.  The look on his face and the proud walk to the front nearly made be burst into tears.  My boy had passed his test.

In the car on the way home I told him how proud I was of him and how he did his very best and he said to me.  "how did you read my mind?"  I asked him what he meant and he said as he was watching everyone get their belts striped he was thinking how he was going to get one because he tried his very best.

I'm so proud.  I love that boy so much.  Here's some pictures!  Hey if you read this, it would be great if you could leave a comment congratulating him.  I bet it would mean so much to him!

My proud boy with his stripe

Doing a high block

And kick!

A close up of the stripe and the cuteness that is him.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Toby! way to go buddy!! Love lorri-ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big "Yay Toby!" from the Woodcoxes. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Toby! You have made everyone very proud by working so hard and doing your best.

    From Corban's Gramma in Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Toby is Superman and also becoming a ninja! I am so proud of Toby! I have always loved you since the first time I met you! You are a very special boy! You have very special parents who take great care of you! Now that you have your stripe, you can take care of them too!!
    Way to go!
    Moe

    ReplyDelete

Because of spam I have to moderate my comments. Please leave a comment anyway and I will probably approve you as soon as I see it.. unless you are spamming me ;)