Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love

Yesterday was Valentine's day.  The day of Love.  For us, it was spent visiting friends, running around, doing normal day to day stuff.  We don't make a big deal of the day because really why do we need a specific day to tell us to let our family and friends know that we love them.

However, I have a nine year old daughter.  If you have ever met a nine year old girl, you would know that they are suckers for the fairy tale love stuff.  So with the help of Miss J, I threw together a romantic candle lit dinner for my hubby to surprise him. J was so excited.  She offered to watch the kids in the bedroom and even made a paper flower centerpiece.  She kept throwing out statements like "so romantic" even though I can't be quite sure she knows what romantic means.  I love when she gets excited about something.  She just comes alive!

She's such a thoughtful girl.  And though I love to surprise my husband, I mainly did this supper for her benefit.  It's so good for her and the other kids to see their parents go out of their way to show each other love.  Real Love.  It's an example we set.  I want it to be a good one.  After almost 13 years of marriage, I can honestly say that I love that man more than the day we married.  Even though, I thought of this meal as a benefit to my kids, to have 45 minutes of uninterrupted time with my husband was the most memorable moment of my week.

Oops, I've gone all sentimental on you.  Didn't mean to do that. hehe.  In midst of all my thinking about Love and what it means, today I started thinking of another kind of love.  As I watched my husband snuggle his little girl, with her little face tucked in under his chin, I thought, wouldn't it be great to just snuggle up into someone's arms and just rest there.  And I realized, that's exactly what heaven looks like for me right now.  Snuggled up in my father's arms.  Not a worry in the world, letting Love surround me.  Sounds heavenly doesn't it?

For now though, I  continue to strive to continuously love.  Not only my own family and friends but the unloveable as well.  It's a hard task and I'm certain I will fail more than once but that's why I'll continue to try.

I leave you now with some pictures.  Enjoy!

Me and My Love

Our yummy dinner.

1 comment:

Because of spam I have to moderate my comments. Please leave a comment anyway and I will probably approve you as soon as I see it.. unless you are spamming me ;)