Monday, February 13, 2012

Thankfulness

Yesterday we woke up to a winter wonderland.  Besides the fun snow hills to play on, a winter wonderland also comes lots of shoveling.  I generally like to shovel actually.  I will sometimes volunteer to go out and shovel and let Hubby stay in with the little's.  Yesterday though, (and here comes a confession) I was feeling awfully judgmental.  You see, here I was trying to shovel Hubby's car out of a snow bank and the guy across the street had a nice tractor with a blower attached to it.  He was done of his driveway in maybe 10 minutes and I couldn't help feeling bitter about it.   But then I realized something.  I wasn't really all that tired.  I still had energy left to do even more shoveling.  Instead of judging those around me, I should have been soo thankful.  I had a wonderful father who came with his truck earlier and pushed most of the snow out of the end of the driveway.  So thankful.   I had the strength and health to actually go out and shovel.  So thankful.  I had wonderful kids who in the midst of playing, stopped to help shovel.  So thankful.

That was my lesson yesterday.  Colossians 3:15  says, " And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful."

I'm going to make more of an effort to be thankful ALWAYS.  No matter what.  Because really... I've got it so good....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spam I have to moderate my comments. Please leave a comment anyway and I will probably approve you as soon as I see it.. unless you are spamming me ;)