Monday, November 5, 2012

It's a long hard night.

Hey all. I can't believe how fast time has flown by but I leave for Africa TOMORROW!

As much as I tried to prepare the kids for my departure, I think it has become very real to them tonight. Well, I don't know if Sweet Pea truly understands but tonight when we were talking about it she said "but you will come in a week?"

Currently I'm writing this post on my phone in "I's" bed. He was pretty hysterical tonight and he wanted me to lay with him to help him go to sleep. He never asks me to do that and I was happy for the extra snuggles. "J" just came in though and said "what about my snuggles??"
He wasn't crying at this point though. The flash was bright for his eyes.

If you think about it, pray for my loves in the coming weeks and especially tomorrow. There hasn't been a day in their whole lives where they didn't see me and now I'm going to be gone of over 2 weeks.

Pray for my husband too. I am pretty sure he will do a better job at being"mom" than I do but I know it will be stressful especially dealing with sad kiddos.

Pray for all our safety, me while in Africa and in my travels and them as they continue their routine at home.

Lastly pray that God will use my time away to his glory.

Well I think Isaac is asleep so it's on to snuggle and probably comfort another kid. I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spam I have to moderate my comments. Please leave a comment anyway and I will probably approve you as soon as I see it.. unless you are spamming me ;)