Tuesday, April 12, 2011

oh my muscles!

hello again.

So I started to make a change in my lifestyle.  It's been far to long that I have neglected my health and it's time to do something about it.  Sooo about 2 weeks ago I started to watch my calories and slowly added in some exercise.  Last night the J and T wanted to go to the track for a walk.  I decided to try my Couch to 5 k app for my ipod that I bought like a year ago and never used.  So off to the track we went and the kids and I started to walk/jog.  For those who don't know what Couch to 5k is, it's a beginners running program.  You do a 5 minute warm up, then you alternate 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes and then a 5 minute cool down.  (this is just the first week, as you progress the jogging gets longer and the walking gets shorter)  About 10 minutes into the program, I start to think to myself "What the heck am I doing???  This is craziness!"  But I decided to continue on and endure.  The kids were doing great with running.  Although there were a few times where T would run into the jogging lane by accident or start towards some joggers and scare the crap out of them!  Drove me crazy!  Anyway, I'm glad I stuck it out because I managed to finish the whole program and by the end of it, the jogging portion didn't seem as long.

Sooo this morning I wake up feeling great!  Soo I get on my Wii Fit and decide I'm going to try doing all the strength training exercises.  Out of the 12 exercises, there was only 1 exercise that I wasn't able to do.  Whoo Hoo!  I was feeling so great that I decided that after supper I would try to do the couch to 5k program again.   hmmm only one problem with that idea.   As the day drew on, I started to notice that the muscle near my hip was a bit achy... Then my other side started to get sore.... then my calves started to ache... and finally my lower back and my stomach muscles.  Suppertime came and Hubby wanted us to run to the store to get some new shoes and etc.  So I think okay, I'll go running afterwards (obviously still in denial on how bad I was feeling)  So we head to the mall. I even had Hubby park further away from the door so we could all get some exercise.  We get our stuff at one store but I had to run to almost the other end of the mall to another store.  I got my stuff and as I'm coming out of that store, I realize that I'm dreading the thought of walking back to the other end of the mall and seriously regretting parking the car so far away from the door.  Needless to say... Here I sit in my bed, with my pj's on and I did not go running.   I'm praying that my muscles feel better tomorrow so I can get back at it.  I'm really enjoying the exercise and it's good for the kids as they exercise with me!

In other news, I've been stalking the Canada Post website waiting for changes in my tracking number for the huge order of school books I ordered last week.  I've already gotten two of my orders from other places but this one is the big one and I'm soo excited to get all the new books!  I love the excitement new books brings even if they are school books and we can't use them until fall.  The shipment isn't supposed to come in until next monday but I'm hoping that it comes quicker!  Until then, I'll continue my stalking I guess.

 For now though, I think I'll go heat up my magic bag and settle in to bed for a movie.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spam I have to moderate my comments. Please leave a comment anyway and I will probably approve you as soon as I see it.. unless you are spamming me ;)