Tuesday, May 29, 2012

There's an ORANGE BELT in my House!!!!!

Last night T had his belt testing for Karate.  I think I was more nervous than he was.  I don't know why because he knew his stuff but still, I was nervous.   Well I had no need because he did excellent!  I'm gonna try to upload a video of him doing his Kata.  He did really good. Only one mistake because he got distracted when the sensei corrected another student.



Even with his one mistake, he recovered and got back into position pretty smoothly I thought.  Anyway, he passed his belt testing and got his orange belt!!!!



Look how high he can do a side kick!

Getting his new belt!
 Getting ready to bow to the Sensei.
 And bow... dirty feet and all....
 Class picture!
 Picture with his Sensei... he wants it framed and on his wall.
 Doing a punch!
His certificate in a frame and ready to go on his wall.

In other news, I love to build stuff.  Luckily for me, my dad is a jack of all trades and has a fantastic wood worshop at his house.  And he's patient enough to help me with all my projects.  He's a great guy!  So 2 weekends ago after having a hard two weeks, Jeff told me to go have some fun.  Little did I know that I was heading into a week of stomach bug hell so in hindsight, I'm glad I listened to my wise husband!

Dad and I always have a few projects on the go.  Right now we are building a kitchen cabinet for my kitchen.  That one is slow going and next time I go over there I'll try to take some pictures of it.  I'm very excited about it.  But last saturday I had a different project in mind.  I needed something to organize my laundry room and I found some simple plans for an organizer here on THIS BLOG . It turned out perfect!  It fits perfectly between my washer and dryer.  It's so great, I'm thinking of building more of them for the kids rooms!



Well, the kids are starting to slack off in their schoolwork  so it's time to go crack the whip again.  
I'm a slave driver....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spam I have to moderate my comments. Please leave a comment anyway and I will probably approve you as soon as I see it.. unless you are spamming me ;)