Sunday, January 23, 2011

The ugliest cake in the world.

Whew I'm exhausted!  We have a had a wonderful weekend full of entertaining friends and just being together.  Makes for one tired mom though!  Friday night we had our friend Holly over to play card games and laughed so hard I thought my ribs were going to be bruised the next day.  The Saturday we made a huge turkey dinner and fed our Pastor Andrew, his wife Shirley and their daughter Jenny.  Afterwards we played fun kid board games like alphabet bingo and guess who with the kids.  Our kids just LOVE when adults actually play with them.  Makes them feel soo special.  Then tonight my wonderful Hubby made a lovely spagetti dinner and we shared it with our friends Ken and Steph and their three kids.  J and I also tried out a new promising recipe for desert.  It was called chocolate cake with peanut butter filling.  Only problem was we filled the cake pans too high so they spilled out into the oven.  Then as I was trying to put the cake together it was really really moist and fragile so it kept falling apart.  So it turned into the most hideous looking cake I have ever seen in my life!  HAHA.  I had to warn our guests about it's uglieness before I unveiled it.  And they agreed. However, never judge a book by it's cover because this hideous cake was the most moist, rich wonderfully tasting cake I have had in quite a while.  So I guess it is worth it.   I did take a picture for you all to enjoy!  Too bad you couldn't lick the screen and get a taste.

I didn't think to take a picture of it before we dug in. lol

One funny part about the cake.  Since it spilled over into the oven and it's chocolate cake, it sort of looked like certain bodily waste.  So Hubby decided to be funny to open the oven and ask the kids sternly who pooped in the oven.  what a goof!  They all decided it must have been Sweet Pea!  hehe

Speaking of  this little sweet pea,


She is teething her eye teeth this weekend and is miserable!!  Doesn't she look like she wants to just rip her hair out!  She is sooo cranky and pretty rude for a baby.  lol   Hopefully those darn teeth come in quickly so we can have our sweet girl back.

Well, my sweet big girl is ready for our mother daughter devotional time.  Jeff got J and I this book for Christmas The One-Year-Mother-Daughter-Devo by Dannah Gresh  We sit down every night after the boys and Sweet Pea go to bed.  I really cherish this time with her.  With four kids competing for attention, it's always nice to have one on one time with one of them.  This really lets me see how she is doing with her faith as well.  I love it.  Anyway, she's already looking up the bible verse so I'm off!  Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spam I have to moderate my comments. Please leave a comment anyway and I will probably approve you as soon as I see it.. unless you are spamming me ;)